We hope you like our new website set top box. If you are interested in coming to enjoy it.
Welcome to Imperial Medical School
Do you want to play the highest standard of rugby, or do you just fancy a social game and some good fun?
Our University is proud to have the best rugby side in the University of London as well as being the best rugby medical school in the country.
How can you join our club and what will it offer you immediately?
- Meet us at the fresher’s fair, part of fresher’s week.
- We will then all be going to the University Hospitals 7’s competition, held in Teddington our home ground on Sunday the 12th of October. This will be by minibus especially for the 1st years
- This will give everyone a chance to get to know each other and watch some good rugby.
- Alternatively if you can, please come and start preseason training with us at St Paul’s School. This starts in early September.
- The Cockburn rugby scholarship is awarded each year to outstanding first years.
- There will be a three day tour, designed specifically for freshers in early November to help you integrate and feel welcome within your club.
- After the tour an inter-year match takes place between the first and second years with over 200 spectators and after match formalities.
Please get in contact with any enquires you may have:
- Jim Watchorn (club captain): 07887 671531
- Jon Underwood (1st XV Copt): 07980 574545
- Dave Rollitt (head of coaching): 07796 257933
- Or email [email protected]
Mr Dudley Sinnet, Club President, has written a brief welcome, you can find it here
The President’s Welcome
It gives me great pleasure as President to welcome you to Imperial Medicals RFC website
Imperial Medicals was formed in 1997 incorporating the Rugby Clubs of the former Charing Cross, St Mary’s and Westminster Hospitals Medical Schools. These former clubs with outstanding traditions, extending back to 1865 have a glorious record in the United Hospitals Cup, the oldest rugby cup competition in the world. Since their inauguration, Imperial Medicals have won the UH cup in 1998, 1999, 2000, 2002 and are the current holders winning in 2003, continuing the success of their former constituent clubs.
Imperial Medicals play in the National League in London 3 north west. Last year we finished mid table after a very steady season. We also play in the British University Students Association ( BUSA) leagues and last year one promotion to the BUSA Premiere League South. We look forward with anticipation to pitting ourselves against the best university rugby sides in the country.
We are a friendly undergraduate and post graduate club that provides a happy “home” for our students – male and female teams, together with non-playing supporters and encouraging family, friends and parental support. The club is strongly supported by former players, Consultant Medical staff and GPs in West London and also by Siemens Medical Solutions, in a number of tangible ways. This results in our students gaining encouragement, pastoral and career support. We are also fortunate to have professional coaching under the keen eyes of former England International, David Rollitt BSc. DLC (England Divisional Coach) and Gregg Hamilton-Eadie (Scotland under 21, Middlesex Coach).
We intend to continue to expose our players to our traditions and experience of International tours. We had a very successful tour of South Africa in 2001 and have a plan to tour Canada in the summer of 2004.
Medicine and rugby are a “way of life” for life. We encourage compassion, balance and humanity as essential ethics together with commitment, resilience and a team ethos. We welcome all new and potential students to our club.
H D Sinnett MS FRCS
Imperial Medicals 1st XV after beating Barnet Saracens 26 points to 11 points